Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Catching up and BIG NEWS!!!

September literally flew by and I realized I didn't get a single post up the entire month.  Apologies!!

The reason it went by so quickly was because it was so intensely busy with exciting things in the works!  First and foremost, a huge bow of gratitude to you all for your support in my quilting and in sharing my blog and email address.  September was a hugely successful month and I could not have done it without you all!  Danke, gracias and merci!  Over the past 6 weeks, I have made and sold about a dozen quilts and/or quilt tops. Included in these are many  Baby Owl Quilts in both boy and girl tones.

For the Tiny Gents...

...And the Little Ladies!


...Which leads me to my second point - my BIG NEWS!!

As of yesterday morning (Oct. 1, 2013), I am a published quilt pattern designer and my patterns will be hitting shelves in quilt stores nation wide shortly!  QuiltWoman will be printing and distributing two of my patterns almost immediately and there are several more in various stages of completion.  The first pattern to get put into ink will be the Baby Owl Quilt.  And second will be the Positive/Negative Snowflake Quilt.


Soon to follow each design will be patterns for wall-hangins and, for the Snowflakes, a table runner.  These patterns will be available in traditional paper format and also online for PDF download.  And just as soon as everything is uploaded and ready for purchase, I will gladly post the information on here for you, my lovely readers!

And that is about it for today.  Soon there will be another update more in tune with our fabulous Fall weather and the promised braided tutorial!

Cheers!

Mood:  Optimistic
Music: "Strip My Mind" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome news Maer!!! Very happy for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! BIIIIG congrats to you young lady - these two quilts are simply amazing, beautiful, cute, creative.... Can't wait to see what comes next!
    LOVE that I found your blog (through aunt Martha :) ) and I am so following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the being published....did they ever have the pdf pattern available over at Quiltwoman? I went to go buy it, and whilst it finds you in the designer list, you have no patterns available :(

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete