Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hexi Fever

It's been a good week to stitch!  So much done - tons of color!

The week started with a weekend road trip for me and Mr. Django to Niagara Falls, visiting family and catching up with framily.  It was a short 48 hour visit but so dearly needed - came home refreshed and ready to work!

The doggie version of mints on a pillow!

It was a perfect pose until a car pulled up next to us with another dog in the window...!



The skies on the drive back to Boston were stunning and full of vivid color - great inspiration for upcoming projects!

Boston is enjoying a beautiful winter so far, too!  Clear, sunny days make for good walks and great inspiration.



Also made it to Symphony Hall for the first time - stunning!



A night of Mozart and Stravinsky with great friends!

I love the Boston night time skyline!
I loved Project Quilting's first challenge of confetti so much that I couldn't stop.  It turned into hexi-mania in the studio and I even warmed up the free motion quilting.  I used each piece as a learning exercise for different quilting stitches that I've never used and am pretty happy with the results!


I loved adding the quilting that made the hexi's pop, giving it an almost trapunto effect.



This was a fun and quick project - great for pre-cut charm packs!  It goes together very easily and love the freedom in placement!

And now for something completely different - no hexi's but off to a sweet baby girl!

Until next time, keep stitching!



Mood: Cozy
Music: "City of Achilles" by Alter Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment